It is BREXIT time (again) ...today!

News and Events from around the world.

Moderators: Buzzard, parametric, Derek, Saul

purcell

It is BREXIT time (again) ...today!

Unread postby purcell » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:40 am

No comment! 0-) ( but there are a lot of "latest" and other news - (Brexit..Bre-re-exit etc.) - on TV,papers etc. )
Is it OFFTOPIC...?...For me it is important news.
----------------------------------------------------------
Ok! I think this is also a... "Don't Get Me Started!" theme.

In case of that! Sorry!...

Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: It is BREXIT time (again) ...today!

Unread postby Derek » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 pm

About b*****y time (serving article 50)!

Actually, the Telegraph had a perspective on the benefits of Theresa May waiting this length of time, which I can agree with. But it's a still about time. Now it is set in motion.

I've speed read May's letter, and it appears well crafted and constructive, so it will be interesting to see the reaction from the EU unelected Beuraucrats, some of whom still wish to "punish us" or throw big (£60B sized) rocks in the way.

Now, we'll see what happens.

Just a reminder that I am not anti Europe and agree with all the ongoing cooperation and friendship identified in the Aritcle 50 letter and which good neighbours should aspire to. But I fervently remain anti EU. :)
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.com

purcell

Unread postby purcell » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:23 pm

After that "Boris Johnson" "thunderstorm BREXIT" some time ago, now the time has come: "What is the "truth of the BREXIT"?

"the reaction from the EU unelected Beuraucrats" ...now is a new one. Because they had a lot of time, to decide what to do.

There are scots and others, that want to stay in the EU.

It is said, the BREXIT is not a problem for the EU ...but a possible problem for GB.

The EU are and stay "good neighbours"...because they...!?!

Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread postby Derek » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:48 pm

OK, I'll bite..... ;)

Simple. The truth of BREXIT is that UK is regaining it's sovereignty and leaving a sclerotic, dysfunctional organisation that will fail at some point, and I still fail to see how anybody can support an organisation that causes 42% youth unemployment in countries like Greece and Spain. The EU path is "more Europe" which means full political union. I for one do not want to be part of that. One size does not fit all. For example, the usual problems on construction sites in the UK when finding crested newts is big delay and cost as newts are "endangered". Not many people know that this is another EU mandate that covers all of Europe, despite newts being in rude health in the UK.

As for Scotland, Sturgeon is mischief making. The majority of Scots do not want independence, not when Scotland, on its own, would have a higher debt ratio than Greece (and thus no chance of joining the EU unless the rules were bent, and we saw how that went for Greece), if they went independent, they would have to either have massive tax hikes or major austerity since the oil prices collapsed. Scotland's largest trading partner is England, not the EU, which Sturgeon conveniently forgets.

The truth of the matter is UK as a whole voted to remain, and Scotland is part of UK. The vote was close, I know that, but that is democracy. The publication of demographic maps of who voted what in each EU designated voting region of UK is another EU requirement (not many people know that), and the remainers try and capitalise on that by a divide and conquer strategy. The fact that this country or county within the UK voted one way or the other is neither here nor there. I have never once voted for the long standing elected MP for Ceredigion (he is Lib Dem, so how could I?), but he is my democratically elected MP. I have not told other people in Ceredigion to vote again, because I do not like the result - I don't, but I live with the democratic outcome. That is democracy in action - just like the EU referendum which had the largest turn out of any recent election/referendum.

I don't see BREXIT as a problem for UK; it as a golden opportunity. The EU wants it to fail because a successful exit will cause mass unrest amongst the unwashed masses (populists), so it is a BIG potential problem for the EU, which is why the Eurocrats want to make it as difficult and as painful as possible.

And it is a good opportunity to think of all of those doom and gloom predictions back in June and that "cliff edge" FTSE graph. The FTSE 100 closed higher today than yesterday and it is nearly 1500 points higher than last June. The FTSE 250 is 4000 points higher than it was than June 2016. Deutsche Bank has just committed to a new London HQ, which rather suggests that UK as a leading finance centre is not quite on the brink of collapse that the doom mongers predict.

I am of course "a glass half full" person when it comes to outlook, and if my glass is empty then I know how to fill it up. ;)

In the 9 months since the vote, the UK economy has not tanked. We are attracting major investment, despite companies knowing we are leaving. The nay sayers predictions have failed to materialise. In those 9 months, I have seen nothing to change my outlook. Sure there may be problems along the way, but NASA did not jib out of going to the moon because of the odd problem or major setbacks that they had. That is the mindset to have.

The future's so bright I've gotta wear shades. :D

Oh, and as for that £60B divorce settlement, as somebody pointed out in the Telegraph letters, perhaps we might entertain that when the EU can publish audited financial accounts (would be a first) ;)
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.com

purcell

Unread postby purcell » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:21 pm

What happens?

"The EU wants it to fail because a successful exit will cause mass unrest amongst the unwashed masses (populists),
so it is a BIG potential problem for the EU, which is why the Eurocrats want to make it as difficult and as painful as possible. "

...which is why the Eurocrats want to make it as difficult and as painful as possible.

You can be sure of that!!!

... They (EU) want to make the MAXIMUM HORROR...for the next possible ... XIT EU candidate.
Message from the EU for all: DON´T ... XIT AGAIN!
Dissuasive for others!

Therefore GB has to suffer! Visible to everyone!... Be sure. The EU will make you suffer.
They want no other ... XIT! As you know ...that´s very dangerous for the EU!
So the EU will take some action on that ... XIT theme.
They want to survive as a big EU!
And are very afraid of that "Mass effect" ...XIT...XIT...XIT...XIT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The future's so bright I've gotta wear shades." :roll: :roll: :roll:

Because the NEXT ...XIT (GREXIT,SPAINXIT,ITAXIT,NEDXIT, or whatever ..XIT) is Extremely dangerous!!! for the EU!
And be sure... the EU won´t let it happen!

"The (your) future is so dark, you have to wear or use Torches to survive! :?

Summary: The EU has to bite and Torment GB ...in order to survive as the (big) EU!
Signal for all: DON´T ...XIT!!! Or...

-----------------------------------------------
That´s not my statement. But that´s the expected reaction from the EU!
They simply have to react that way. It is logical.

Or it is quite different? See you in 2020!

Return to “Latest News”