MOX F8 88 note:What are they like?

Yamaha MOX6 and MOX8 Keyboards info and discussion

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Fozzer, Saul

Denv12

MOX F8 88 note:What are they like?

Unread postby Denv12 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:17 am

I'm looking into the MOX F8 88 note and I would like some feedback on the various features,sounds,etc.

I need a piano that has grand pianos and electric pianos to start with.I also need to know about its capability to layer sounds and drums so that the songs I've written on my Roland RD700sx (thats now out of date)I can match combinations of sounds to get similar sounds.My songs use mainly electric pianos,guitar and strings.
I have the files showing the instrument list.Its got a lot going for it.

What do I need to purchase with it? Does it have a damper pedal,SD cards,etc included?

I'm looking through youtube to find good demos of grand pianos and electric pianos,etc.If you can recommend any demos please add them here.

This piano is within my price range.I'm not concerned about the weight factor.

Thanks.

Oops.Should this have been posted in the Mox F section?

kilat44

Re: MOX F8 88 note:What are they like?

Unread postby kilat44 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:37 am

hey Denv12,

Maybe you had already purchase a workstation. If you had bought MOXF series, there is a possibility that I can learn something from you. I just bought an MOXF8. Hell, the manuals are not well written. The one think that irritates me is that all midi SMF files loaded onto the MOXF8 sound weird. It get changed to .XP format and cannot be tansfered to another non-yamaha instrument. Yamaha kept telling me that I have to include a GM reset into the midi data to make the music played ,sound right. They however do not tell how is this to be done. Real Frustration.

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread postby parametric » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi <kilat44> and welcome to the forums . . . .

Regarding the GM header in SMF, this should help explain how to proceed:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/supp ... r_gm_files

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio 24/96 Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module
Oh, and a Roland LAPC1 (MT32-on-a-card) which I can't use anymore - it is a full length 8-bit ISA card ;-)
BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Denv12

Unread postby Denv12 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:04 pm

kilat44 wrote:hey Denv12,

Maybe you had already purchase a workstation. If you had bought MOXF series, there is a possibility that I can learn something from you. I just bought an MOXF8. Hell, the manuals are not well written. The one think that irritates me is that all midi SMF files loaded onto the MOXF8 sound weird. It get changed to .XP format and cannot be tansfered to another non-yamaha instrument. Yamaha kept telling me that I have to include a GM reset into the midi data to make the music played ,sound right. They however do not tell how is this to be done. Real Frustration.

Hi kilat44.

I didnt have mine for long.I since sold it and bought a Kurzweil Artis stage piano.
Sorry I cant help with the files.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Saul » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi Kilat44 welcome to the forums :)

As Denv12 said, he sold his MOXF8 and bought the Artis so didn't get to spend much time with it, by the way good to see you again Denv ;)

Looks like Chris has pointed you in the right direction so hopefully your issue will have been solved but if not, do please post back here and we will all try to help as best we can.

kilat44

Unread postby kilat44 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Sincerely hope this lady Megan Mcduffee of MOX In and OuT video can advice us on this issue. Have sound out kefaxtor.com on matrer. No answer. I was at the point of buying their pattern midi softwares, but hesitated because I am not sure how to make the patterns sound right on the darn MOXF8. Wonder if the use of Cubase AI software that comes with the MOXF8 purchase will resolve the problem. I play the piano, keyboard workstations are nightmares to me.

kilat44

Unread postby kilat44 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi parametric,

Thanks for the input. Did as your goodself suggest. Honestly still blur.

Return to “Yamaha MOX Keyboards”