New Korg M3 Video

The Korg M3 features a number of new innovations along with top of the line technology fit for professional musicians and producers.

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Fozzer, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Korg M3 Video

Unread postby Saul » Wed May 23, 2007 1:13 pm

There is a new video operation guide created by KARMA Developer Stephen Kay featuring basic navigation, the control surface and reloading the factory data for the M3 over at http://tinyurl.com/25wysc It's well worth checking out.
Saul
Site Admin
FREE Home Recording Training Video Course
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaForums
Follow Us On Facebook
Epiphone EJ-200CE/Taylor 114e ES2/Yamaha FG830/Roland Juno DS88/Pianoteq Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iPad Air 2/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 8/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Focusrite Scarlett2i2 2nd gen
Mac & PC Computer Repairs, Upgrades. Web Hosting, Installation and Design www.thegraphicscompany.uk

LiddleFeesh

Unread postby LiddleFeesh » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:40 pm

Thanks Saul,

The demos are no Bert Smorenburg, but very interesting nevertheless :) M3/Oasys is pretty expensive though I'm not sure I would want to stretch an extra 80% over the budget of other keyboards for just an extra 20% in capability for what I'd be using it for.

Does anyone here have one of these keyboards?

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Saul » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Same here really. I couldn't stretch to an M3 so got the M50 instead. It's the same engine with most of the same sounds but lacking the sampler and Karma 2.0, although I can run Karma in software on the PC linked up to the M50 so that takes care of that :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Epiphone EJ-200CE/Taylor 114e ES2/Yamaha FG830/Roland Juno DS88/Pianoteq Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iPad Air 2/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 8/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors/Focusrite Scarlett2i2 2nd gen
Mac & PC Computer Repairs, Upgrades. Web Hosting, Installation and Design www.thegraphicscompany.uk

LiddleFeesh

Unread postby LiddleFeesh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Is the Karma software specific to the keyboard, or is it a form of sequencer?

Do you use Cubase for sequencing?? I'm contemplating getting it for the MO6, although I think I'd only use the very basic features.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Saul » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:14 pm

The Karma software needs a Korg Triton, TR or M50 plugged into your computer in order to work. You can use it on other keyboards in the midi chain as long as one of the above Korgs is always plugged in.

I have Cubase but I rarely use it. I prefer Mackie Traktion 3
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Return to “Korg M3”