What are the Kross and Krome pianos like?

Korg raises the bar again in the workstation category with the all new Korg KROSS. ... quality sound engine that punches well above it's weight.

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Fozzer, Saul

Denv12

What are the Kross and Krome pianos like?

Unread postby Denv12 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:06 am

I'm looking at replacing my current equipment and just buying a digital piano with everything on it.I really want the best range of electric pianos to start with and then be able to combine 4 sonds/tones together as I've been doing with my Roland RD700sx stage piano.I need another piano better than the Roland and I'm looking around to see what I can get.

If you own one of the Krome 88 or Kross 88 please let me know what they're like.

Thanks.
Last edited by Denv12 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What are the Kross pianos like?

Unread postby Saul » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:58 am

The Kross pianos are pretty good but given you are going to be coming from the RD700sx and knowing of your previous equipment problems I would probably not recommend the Kross for you. Although it is a very well rounded instrument with some great sounds I personally think you will find it difficult to use. I put this purely down to the small screen and the many menus you would have to click through to get to what you want.

If I were you I would be looking at the KORG KROME 88 or the Roland FA-08 both of which will give you excellent pianos, both acoustic and electric, plus thousands of other sounds which you can add to when you wish and you won't find any problems layering/splitting sounds.

Denv12

Re: What are the Kross pianos like?

Unread postby Denv12 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:38 am

Saul wrote:The Kross pianos are pretty good but given you are going to be coming from the RD700sx and knowing of your previous equipment problems I would probably not recommend the Kross for you. Although it is a very well rounded instrument with some great sounds I personally think you will find it difficult to use. I put this purely down to the small screen and the many menus you would have to click through to get to what you want.

If I were you I would be looking at the KORG KROME 88 or the Roland FA-08 both of which will give you excellent pianos, both acoustic and electric, plus thousands of other sounds which you can add to when you wish and you won't find any problems layering/splitting sounds.

I saw the Roland FA 08.Sounds like my RD700sx.
What about the Yamaha equivalent of the Korg Krome

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What are the Kross and Krome pianos like?

Unread postby Saul » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:04 pm

Have moved the recent "KROME' posts to the new topic in the KROME section. If you continue the discussion there it will keep things a little more focused :)

Return to “Korg Kross”